Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /chroot/home/tmc/transitionministryconference.org/html/jobs/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/application/libraries/Model/Job.php on line 291
|Date Posted||May 25, 2021|
Rochester (Virginia Tyler Smith)
|Compensation||competitive salary, full SECA Reimbursement (15.3%), a portion of health insurance, and pension|
|Communicants in Good Standing||643|
|Average Sunday Attendance||146|
|Child Population in Church School||40|
|Adult Population in Church School||40-50|
|Teacher Population in Church School||6|
St. Thomas’ takes seriously the call to discipleship through Bible study, book studies and learning through fellowship and dialogue. We are a learning community willing to take risks, try new things and find ways to partner with neighbors to work for justice and to be bearers of love in the world.
Our location is one foot in the city with its diversity and urban concerns, and one foot in a religiously diverse suburb. Responding to both contexts can be challenging.
The Associate Priest will share in social media tasks, liturgical leadership, preaching, and pastoral care. The Associate Priest will be the primary clergy liaison to the Lay Children and Youth Coordinator.
We are seeking a person:
- With a passionate commitment to follow Jesus and to form disciples of all ages.
- Who is passionate about parish ministry and feels called to associate ministry.
- Who is a learner and is interested in mentoring our Education for Ministry program.
- Who is passionate about equipping lay ministers
- Who is creative in reaching out and keeping connected to our children and youth families
- Who is interested in working with the Parish Programs such as Invite, Welcome, Connect
- Who is a creative self-starter with organizational skills.
- Who is welcoming, approachable and can relate to a wide range of people.
We ask a minimum of a three year commitment. Candidates from historically underrepresented demographics in the clerical order are especially encouraged to apply. Feel free to look up St. Thomas’ online to get a better sense of our parish: stthomasrochester.org.
Please submit resume and OTM profile to the Rector, the Very Rev. Leslie Burkardt at email@example.com.