|Date Posted||February 11, 2022|
New Hampshire (Tina Pickering)
|Diocesan Compensation Info||https://www.nhepiscopal.org/clergy-compensation-manual|
|Is there a rectory?||No|
|Communicants in Good Standing||579|
|Average Sunday Attendance||250|
|Child Population in Church School||60|
|Adult Population in Church School||320|
Additional comments re: compensation, benefits and housing.
Total compensation is factored based on healthcare, housing and other needs. See compensation framework and guidelines for details.
Liturgical style and practice
St. John's liturgical style is progressive, inclusive and reflective, rooted in tradition. St. John's roots go back to the early 1600s. Worship today is is held in the historic sanctuary, built in 1807 and is also shared online after a significant investment in technology during the pandemic. Music is a real strength of St. John's and unites young and old, church members and the community. The church is blessed by ties to the Black Heritage Trail of NH and Strawberry Banke museum among other community resources. The campus is in the heart of downtown Portsmouth and offers a large sanctuary, parish hall, classrooms, office and newly built atrium for smaller gatherings and worship.
- Vibrant, Christ-centered community
- Inclusive and progressive, rooted in ancient Anglican tradition
- Music and youth programming
- United around core beliefs of welcome of strangers, inclusion of spiritual inquirers from every background, and calling of all Christians to be the body of Christ in the world.
- Age diversity
- Talented, thoughtful, creative team of staff
- Establish both breadth and depth of relationships in parish and community
- Perform liturgical duties
- Conduct teaching duties
- Provide pastoral care - hospital, home, office, pre-marital, etc.
- Develop and coordinate (in collaboration with team) creative and strategic formation program for all ages, recruit team of leaders to implement
St. John's is looking for a full-time Associate Rector to help lead this worshipping/transforming/serving community alongside a great team of staff and lay leaders. Associate Rector will demonstrate initiative and interdependent work skills. They will participate broadly in the life of the community, with a special focus on formation for all ages. A collaborative spirit, emotional health, deep empathy, reflective approach, and sense of humor are vital. Thoughtful and authentic preaching that speaks to the spiritual hunger and life concerns of the community. A "contagious" faith, centered in a life of prayer.
Portsmouth, NH is a youthful, seacoast town with lots of great restaurants, culture, and history. Give us a look!
To have an exploratory conversation, feel free to contact the Rev. Rob Stevens at email@example.com or Canon Tina Pickering at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressed to the Rev. Rob Stevens, plus resume or CV and OTM/TMC profile to Canon Tina Pickering at email@example.com by Palm Sunday.