|Date Posted||November 15, 2023|
North Carolina (Catherine Massey)
|Diocesan Compensation Info||https://www.episdionc.org/minimum-salary-guidelines/|
|Is there a rectory?||No|
|Communicants in Good Standing||326|
|Average Sunday Attendance||84|
|Child Population in Church School||10|
|Adult Population in Church School||yes|
|Teacher Population in Church School||yes|
Additional comments re: compensation, benefits and housing.
Salary and benefits are negotiable
Liturgical style and practice
Members of St. Andrew’s value the traditions of our liturgy and believe that a good sermon:
“produces a desire within me to follow Jesus and do God’s work”
“is based on the truth of God’s word applied to everyday life”
“translates what may be happening in the world around us to the Gospel lesson for that day”
“speaks to many in theme so they are called to action or are comforted’.
“pulls me in, makes me want to listen then feel the message, and leaves me thinking long after”
St. Andrew’s is a vibrant community of genuine, kind, relaxed, and peaceful people who come together in the unity of God’s love. We strive to create a warm, inviting physical and spiritual atmosphere where all feel valued and included. “A place where our members can believe, become, belong”!
The Congregation Assessment Tool was recently administered in our church. 223 persons were invited to participate; of these, 109 persons responded.
Overall, approximately 59% of our members are clearly satisfied with things in the church. The indication is that our church has options which include growth, expansion, replication, and external impact.
Top 3 Priorities based on Survey Results:
- Make necessary changes to attract families with children and youth to our church.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to reach new people and incorporate them into the life of the church.
- Create and provide more opportunities for Christian education and spiritual formation at every age and stage of life.
Parish website: https://www.standrewsrmt.com/en
Parish profile (includes CAT results): https://www.episdionc.org/uploads/images/st-andrews-rocky-mount-parish-profile_180.pdf
Interested applicants should submit the following materials to Canon Catherine Massey (Catherine.Massey@episdionc.org) in order to be considered:
- A cover letter (letter of interest) addressed to the Search Committee, Mrs. Leslie Hall, Chair
- Current resume
- OTM Portfolio
- Deployment questionnaire for clergy positions (Download and save the form to your computer before filling it out.)