|Date Posted||September 18, 2020|
East Carolina (Mollie Roberts)
|Compensation||$55,000-$75,000 based on experience plus SECA|
|Health Benefits||Full Family|
|Communicants in Good Standing||500|
|Average Sunday Attendance||250|
The ideal candidate will have a passion for pastoral care and hunger to learn and be active in all aspects of parish ministry and leadership. The parish of St Philip’s exceeds 500 members in good standing with an ASA of nearly 250 and growing. It is physically impossible for the Rector to provide sufficient pastoral care for the parish. The assistant priest’s primary focus will be pastoral care. Ultimately, our goal is to supplement pastoral care through the direct involvement of our Community of Hope, Stephen Ministers, Lay Eucharistic Visitors, Daughters of the King, our Grief Support group, as well as through our two deacons, and retired priests. Our rector and assistant priest will honor their ordination vows by teaching, mentoring, and fully supporting the lay pastoral efforts of the laity.
A primary objective, as St Philip’s continues to grow, is to accomplish the difficult task of retaining the “Family Church” atmosphere by actively demonstrating warmth and caring through all our pastoral assets.
In addition to daily pastoral care and leadership, normative parish duties will be assigned to include liturgical celebration, preaching, teaching, and counseling.
Southport is a picturesque, pre-revolutionary fishing village turned quaint tourist destination, located at the mouth of the historic Cape Fear River. The Southport, NC community is physically stunning - frequently a set location for films and television productions. The surrounding area is a mecca for active, up-scale retirement communities which continue to grow and are major contributors to the growth of our parish. St. Philip’s recently celebrated our 250th year as a parish in this region. Our Chapel of the Cross (erected 1843) is the cornerstone of churches in the downtown area. Brunswick County is the 4th fastest growing county in America.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $55,000-$75,000 salary and housing allowance (based upon experience)
- Normal Pension contribution (18%)
- Fully paid medical and dental premiums for clergy and family
- Fully paid standard group term life insurance
- Reimbursement for travel (up to $3,000 per year)
- $1,500 Continuing Education (2 weeks per year)
- 1 Month annual vacation (23 workdays, to include up to five Sundays)
- Sabbatical eligible after 5 years
- 2 continuous 24 hour periods each week solely for sabbath and family.
- National holidays (not to interfere with worship or major parish events)
To apply please send cover letter and OTM portfolio to:
The Rev Canon Mollie Roberts, 705 Doctors Dr, Kinston, NC 28503 or to: