|Date Posted||March 10, 2020|
Western New York (Martha Ishman)
|Health Benefits||Full Family|
|Housing||Housing for 4|
|Average Sunday Attendance||100|
|Child Population in Church School||21|
|Adult Population in Church School||0|
|Teacher Population in Church School||10|
- This is a congregation that values its youth program and backs it up. They follow J2A and have excellent pilgrimages and urban adventures. Last summer, the rector who since retired, led a group of young people on a trip to the Holy Lands. In previous years they have travelled to Ireland and New Mexico.
- The active core of the congregation includes young families as well as older folk working well together.
- Outreach is important to them.
- Grand Island is a quiet community with much to do in the surrounding areas. It is between Niagara Falls and Buffalo, NY. The school system is one of the highest ranked schools in western New York.
- The incumbent was rector for 30+ years. While he is doing a good job of distancing himself, many people in the congregation have only known one rector. The interim time has allowed the lay leadership to emerge and they are ready to move forward.
- They have been working on financial stability and this work needs to continue. The physical plant is in very good shape and they recently renovated the rectory in anticipation of a new clergy person.
The Rev. Canon Martha Ishman
Please submit a cover letter, OTM portfolio, and resume.