|Date Posted||June 15, 2022|
Virginia (Shirley Smith-Graham & Ed Keithly)
|Diocesan Compensation Info||https://www.thediocese.net/Customer-Content/www/CMS/files/Finance_and_Management/6_2021_Compensation_Guidelines.pdf|
|Is there a rectory?||No|
|Communicants in Good Standing||127|
|Average Sunday Attendance||39|
Additional comments re: compensation, benefits and housing.
St. Margaret's is rebuilding after 2010s breakaway, relocation to a new physical space, and COVID,
Liturgical style and practice
Broad, open, inclusive
- Strong ethic of transparency with congregation, gathering the community, keeping community informed, and welcoming all opinions while also able to make decisions and move forward.
- Make financial decisions based on actual income and pledges and not aspiration
- Dedicated to pastoral care of members
- Very involved in the surrounding community: neighborhood safety/youth wellness, homeless families shelter, local school and literacy support, refugee resettlement support, coordinates with county supervisor on how to be helpful in the larger community
- Enjoys organizing and participating in fellowship events that enrich and build back the body after COVID distancing
- Past of dedicated youth and children's ministry, and labors to build back up.
- Worship is streamed, as are informational meetings
- Diverse (BIPOC, LGBTQIA)
- Continued healing ministry needed after a few significant issues (fast-paced clergy departure during COVID, past methods conflict, past values conflict).
- Continue to strengthen communications from leadership to the congregation members, and members to leadership
- Continue to build muscles for maintaining safe church space while also acknowledging a range of political opinions
- Suffering from lack of settled clergy to provide spiritual support to leaders and congregants and help the congregation gain strength and sustenance from the holy routines of week-in/week-out church worship, fellowship, spiritual growth opportunities.
Leadership realizes they will need to work with the priest to set expectations appropriately for a half-time position. They wish to grow back to full-time.
The Rev. Shirley Smith Graham, Interim Transition Minister, Diocese of Virginia, email@example.com, 804-622-3180.