|Date Posted||September 13, 2022|
Chicago (Sierra Reyes & Andrea Mysen)
|Compensation||$67,900 if rectory not utilized|
|Diocesan Compensation Info||https://episcopalchicago.org/for-clergy/clergy-salary-and-benefits/|
|Is there a rectory?||Yes|
|If there IS a rectory, is it optional or required that cleric live there?||Optional|
|If there IS a rectory, is the compensation figure above inclusive of fair market value of rectory?||No|
|If there IS a rectory, how many bedrooms and bathrooms?||compensation assumes small 2 br rectory not used.|
|Average Sunday Attendance||40|
|Child Population in Church School||10|
|Adult Population in Church School||varies|
|Teacher Population in Church School||3|
Additional comments re: compensation, benefits and housing.
Small rectory available, though stated compensation assumes not utilized
Liturgical style and practice
Traditional, Rite II Holy Eucharist, with desire to explore more contemporary styles of worship and music.
- Value racial and ethnic diversity of congregation
- Value presence and role of children in congregation and liturgy
- Strong history of outreach to local community
- Committed core group of lay leaders
- Financial challenges
- declining population of Park Forest
- Re-engaging parishioners who have not been as present or active during the pandemic
From the profile:
The Church of the Holy Family is a small, vibrant south suburban parish located 35 miles south of Chicago’s loop area. We are a parish of the Episcopal Diocese of Chicago, grounded in the Anglican tradition.Our church draws from 14 neighboring communities, and is ethnically and racially diverse. We are especially proud of our population of families who have brought new life and joy to add to the seasoned wisdom of long-term members.
Our Next Rector - We are seeking a priest who will:
- Demonstrate a clear vision for the spiritual life and worship of Holy Family and bring new and fresh ideas to lead us toward these goals, while also appreciating the strengths of our traditional background. This will involve helping us to develop effective Christian formation, and leading us to rebuild our music ministry under new leadership
- Share in our enthusiasm to build connections within our community.
- Actively support planning regarding the stewardship of our gifts and financial resources
- Strengthen our pastoral care and parish ministries by identifying, mentoring, and developing lay leaders from within the congregation
- Share their gift of administration, guiding and supporting the staff and lay leaders of the church, as well as managing our renters
To apply for this position, submit OTM, resume, and cover letter through the diocesan website: https://episcopalchicago.wufoo.com/forms/m1poxgz40cwsj2w/
For more information about this position, please contact the Rev. Andrea Mysen, Director of Ministries, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-751-4203