|Date Posted||April 28, 2020|
Northern Indiana (Terri Bays)
|Health Benefits||Full Family|
|Communicants in Good Standing||207|
|Average Sunday Attendance||111|
|Child Population in Church School||22|
|Adult Population in Church School||43|
|Teacher Population in Church School||15|
- strong youth group
- heart for local/global lay-driven hands-on service
- sustained by a strong sense of community
- looking for partnerships with ourselves and other organizations
- opportunity for exploration and experimentation with new ministry models
- Exploring a new model for collaboration in ministry
- re-vamping service times
- financially challenged, but debt-free with above-average pledging
- growing the church in an era of human loss
- maintaining the best of what characterizes each parish.
Grace Episcopal Church and St. Alban's Episcopal Church—two small, vibrant parishes in Fort Wayne, Indiana—seek a full-time Priest-In-Charge for their 2-point partnership. Though located 15 miles apart, these two congregations share a heart for multi-generational, lay-driven, hands-on service. These healthy, self-aware congregations sustain service beyond the walls of their churches with a strong sense of inclusive and welcoming community within. While St. Alban's is a bit more traditional than Grace, both are socially progressive and theologically diverse. Both prefer a broad, relaxed and family-oriented liturgy with a mix of musical styles that leans toward the contemporary.
This partnership requires a creative and energetic priest who is comfortable interacting with people of all ages and stages. Essential is the ability to facilitate a more deeply interdependent relationship and communication within and between the two congregations. Successful candidates will share their interest in strengthening their outreach efforts by fostering a wide variety of interfaith and civic connections across the city.
Now is great time to live and serve in that city! Fort Wayne, Indiana’s second largest city, is actively enjoying a downtown renaissance driven by vision and investment. Professional, Educational, Cultural and Recreational opportunities, combined with a low cost of living, make Fort Wayne a place you can afford to enjoy.
Explore what Grace and St. Alban's have to offer by visiting:
- View Grace’s website.
- View Grace’s profile.
- View Grace’s OTM Portfolio.
- View St. Alban’s website.
- View St. Alban’s profile.
- View St. Alban’s OTM Portfolio.
We invite you to read the pages of our profiles in a spirit of prayerful discernment. Those interested in applying should email a CV and OTM Portfolio to Missioner Terri Bays.
Apply by sending your resume, OTM Ministry Portfolio and a cover letter to Missioner Terri Bays at email@example.com.