Church of the Holy Family
|Date Posted||March 12, 2023|
Chicago (Sierra Reyes & Andrea Mysen)
|Diocesan Compensation Info||https://episcopalchicago.org/for-clergy/clergy-salary-and-benefits/|
|Health Benefits||Full Family|
|Housing||Housing for 3|
|Is there a rectory?||Yes|
|If there IS a rectory, is it optional or required that cleric live there?||Live-in Rectory Preferred|
|If there IS a rectory, is the compensation figure above inclusive of fair market value of rectory?||No|
|If there IS a rectory, how many bedrooms and bathrooms?||2br 1bath|
|Average Sunday Attendance||40|
|Child Population in Church School||10|
|Teacher Population in Church School||3|
Liturgical style and practice
Church of the Holy Family is a traditional and welcoming Rite II church. Music is very important and the congregation and seeks a rector who will see the importance of good music in the liturgy.
Drawing from 14 neighboring communities, the church is ethically and racially diverse. The church has strong lay leadership.
Our challenges are grounded in our church's goals and priorities --
Strengthen the management and support of various ministries so they are able to do what they do best in work that is meaningful and celebrated.
Change or improve the music of the church to deepen our worship experience.
Develop the spiritual generosity of the people to financially support the ministry of the church.
Deepen our sense of connection to God and one another through stronger worship services.
We are seeking a priest who will:
- Demonstrate a clear vision for the spiritual life and worship of Holy Family and bring new and fresh ideas to lead us toward these goals, while also appreciating the strengths of our traditional background. This will involve helping us to develop effective Christian formation, and leading us to rebuild our music ministry under new leadership.
- Share in our enthusiasm to build connections within our community.
- Actively support planning regarding the stewardship of our gifts and financial resources.
- Strengthen our pastoral care and parish ministries by identifying, mentoring, and developing lay leaders from within the congregation.
- Share their gift of administration, guiding and supporting the staff and lay leaders of the church, as well as managing our renters.
To apply for this position, please complete the Clergy Information Form for Transitions found on the Episcopal Diocese of Chicago website at episcopalchicago.org. For more information on the application process, please contact The Rev. J. Sierra Reyes, Associate Director of Ministries, at email@example.com.