|Date Posted||July 1, 2023|
Massachusetts (Carol Gallagher, Martha Hubbard, Kelly O'Connell)
|Diocesan Compensation Info||https://www.diomass.org/clergy_transition|
|Health Benefits||Full Family|
|Is there a rectory?||No|
|Communicants in Good Standing||390|
|Average Sunday Attendance||92|
|Child Population in Church School||25|
|Adult Population in Church School||45|
|Teacher Population in Church School||8|
Liturgical style and practice
- Eucharist Centered at all three weekend services.
o Contemporary Saturday 5 p.m. with guitar and piano
o Rite 1 Sunday 8 a.m.
o Rite 2 Sunday 10 a.m.
- Low church
- Great diversity between three liturgical styles
- Guided by the Holy Spirit
- Ministry driven (as opposed to Power or Clergy driven)
Over 25 ministries by laity
- Theologically diverse, offering three different weekend worship services.
- Somewhat progressive and adaptable
- High quality and spiritual content of worship services
- Strong outreach to serve community with Thrift Shoppe and Food Pantry.
- Provide housing and meals during winter months for Unhoused, in cooperation with other local churches.
- Many retirees willing to share time and talents.
- Strong lay leadership through transition
- Well supported financially by parishioners
- Wide range of backgrounds
- Excellent music staff and choir
- Skilled office administrator
- Develop creative strategies to encourage, welcome and include young families.
- Create program for families when children reach age 12.
- Re-establish welcome committee for all new persons.
- Encourage more cultural diversity.
- Continue leadership development and involvement.
- Identify and call forth gifts of each member to serve.
- Improve ways for church to become better known in community.
- Develop new adult education offerings: book studies, grief support, family support, spiritual growth and small social group dinners.
- Continue ongoing training for youth and adults as torch bearers, lectors, acolytes to become part of spreading the Gospel.
- Expand structure for children and youth music programs.
We look forward to finding a Rector with gifts and a calling who can lead us spiritually, invoking the Holy Spirit, and who will encourage and support our laity ministries and goals, leading Christ Church into the future, serving Christ and the World.
To apply for this position please submit:
A letter of introduction
Sermons or link to audio/video
Deadline to apply is August 15, 2023