|Date Posted||May 2, 2021|
Vermont (Auburn Watersong)
|Average Sunday Attendance||60|
|Budget||inquire with Transition Minister|
- Christ Church is in the center of the lively and active capital city of Vermont.
- Christ Church is a caring, welcoming, warm, inclusive and friendly faith community, supportive of one another.
- Our community outreach efforts, such as our feeding ministries and social justice ministries, are vibrant.
- The music ministry is a significant dimension of our liturgy, worship, spirituality, and outreach.
- The location of the church in downtown Montpelier, as a base of operations for serving our community and the worship space itself is beautiful.
- Strong core lay leadership is in place.
- There is an openness at Christ Church that allows for acceptance, diversity, flexibility, and open-minded theology.
- The children and family ministry is active and growing.
- The church is the eye of the storm, offering reassurance and calm – a spiritual sanctuary.
Review of feedback from the congregation shows three strong areas for growth.
- First and foremost is the need to attract new members, with an emphasis on younger individuals and families, as well as developing meaningful content and activities for youth and young adults.
- The second dominant area for growth is increasing Christ Church’s financial stability. This issue would be positively impacted by any gains made in attracting new members.
- The third point is the desire to update the quality of liturgy and spirituality to be more inclusive, relevant, loving, and contemporary - less patriarchal, sexist and antiquated. This may be the most challenging growth point and yet it may make the biggest difference in addressing the first two. How to make the church more spiritually relevant, vital and compelling to people in the 21st Century.
- A good preacher, making scriptures relevant to modern life and social justice issues.
- Grounding in the Episcopal faith tradition, well versed in Christian history, but with a broad and varied background, who can make traditions accessible for today.
- Having a vision and communicating it through distinctive liturgy, complementing the competency of our choir and music.
- A strong spiritual sense, preferably of a progressive theological orientation, who can help parishioners develop spiritually.
- Someone who can welcome those from diverse backgrounds.
- Empathy and compassion are essential, as are humility, flexibility, warmth, charisma, fearlessness, calm, courage, vulnerability, gravitas, honesty, integrity, and an ability to walk on water!
- An approachable person who can interact informally.
- A people person, who stays connected with members, supporting ministries in the parish.
- A sense of humor is always an asset.
Contact the Canon to the Ordinary for Transition Ministry, Rev. Canon Auburn Watersong, at the Diocese of Vermont: 802-249-9593 or email@example.com.