St. Stephen's Episcopal Church
Priest In Charge
|Date Posted||March 6, 2018|
Pennsylvania (Arlette Benoit Joseph)
|Communicants in Good Standing||134|
|Average Sunday Attendance||44|
|Child Population in Church School||12|
|Adult Population in Church School||0|
|Teacher Population in Church School||2|
St. Stephen’s of Norwood is a transformational church that celebrates the liturgy in a relaxed and casual style. We are a welcoming community that values and fosters individual incremental growth into the potential that God has planned for us.
- Strong lay leadership.
- We have an established process to encourage and develop lay leadership;
- Participation from a high percentage of communicant in good standing;
- Large bench of experienced leaders to prevent lay burnout and provide mentoring;
- Investment in developing leadership at a young age.
- Children are active participants in all aspects of worship;
- We provide a home for Scouts and partner with them in community service;
- Our expanding preschool program offers Christian formation for our greater community.
- Our Mission is to find opportunities for life transformation for people beyond our walls.
- Host quarterly fun community events to meet and engage families;
- Common Good supper spreads the idea of radical hospitality with warm food and company;
- Collecting for Loaves and Fishes food pantry, Crafts for Cancer, and Christmas Angel Tree allows all to see they have something to share;
- We have a strong foundation from which to launch our Mission.
- Well maintained facilities located in the Philadelphia suburbs near public transportation and historic Philadelphia sites;
- Strong lay participation allows clergy to focus on spiritual and pastoral care;
- We created position of Director Of Parish Operations (DOPO) to handle details of church business and keep ministries on track;
- During our transition, not only has there has been no drop off in participation/ attendance, but we have started new programs;
- Grow our mission to positively impact more lives in our community
- We need someone who can fine tune our approach to evangelism, and take us beyond our comfort zone;
- Provide insight into a plan that will guide us to touch more lives in our community;
- Leader with a strategic and long-term vision of extending Christ’s reach through us;
- Provide concrete guidance, boots on the ground direction, and wisdom to know when to sustain our effort or when to try another approach;
- Sunday sermons are a call to action and opportunity to renew our commitment.
Send inquiries to the search committee at email@example.com.