St. John's Church, West Hartford
|Date Posted||November 29, 2018|
Connecticut (Rev. Lee Ann Tolzmann)
|Compensation||Will meet diocesan guidelines.|
|Health Benefits||Full Family|
|Communicants in Good Standing||253|
|Average Sunday Attendance||181|
|Child Population in Church School||85|
|Adult Population in Church School||35|
|Teacher Population in Church School||6|
- A welcoming and family-friendly parish that fosters connections with God and one another.
- Beautiful, historically significant buildings, stained glass, and grounds.
- Strong music programs including a quality intergenerational choir program and a popular concert series featuring a variety of musical styles and traditions.
- Active community partnerships with schools that serve at-risk youth, ESOL programs, refugee resettlement programs, housing and feeding programs.
- Special events and programs throughout the year that welcome all from the community, such as a fall block party, a Christmas Festival, the Music at the Red Door concert series, and a planned youth choir camp for the community starting in 2019.
- Modest increases over the past two years in membership and pledges after several years of decline.
- Uphold beloved traditions while remaining flexible and open.
- Provide robust programs for children and youth that accommodate foster strong connections to God and the Christian faith that will nurture people throughout their lives, accommodate the realities of life for young families, and are welcoming to people of various backgrounds, with and without church experience.
- Build on a successful adult Faith Forum program to provide more variety and depth in adult education and Christian formation programs.
- Continue to develop and improve newcomer programs, Christian formation, pastoral support, lay leadership, and stewardship programs to continue the upward trend in membership and pledges.
- Since mid-2016, the rector has been the only full-time clergy. While she has had the invaluable support of two priest associates, one full-time clergy person is not enough to meet all of the pastoral, sacramental and program leadership needs in a parish this size.
St. John’s seeks a full-time curate who will have primary responsibility for Christian formation programs for children, youth and families, while assisting the rector with preaching and celebrating, pastoral care, parish leadership, and sacramental rites.
Click here to read the full job description.
Click here to see St. John's website.
The Reverend Susan Pinkerton
St. John’s Episcopal Church
679 Farmington Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06119