St. Bartholomew's Church
|Date Posted||October 9, 2017|
Newark (Gregory Jacobs)
|Health Benefits||Full Family|
|Communicants in Good Standing||184|
|Average Sunday Attendance||42|
|Child Population in Church School||26|
|Adult Population in Church School||20|
|Teacher Population in Church School||1|
- A core group of roughly 40 parishioners that love St. Bart's abd are more than willing to to support all of the church's activities. Camaraderie, loyalty, teamwork approach, strength of faith.
- A close-knit relationship of a samll congregation, which bonds together to get things accomplished with the differing talents each member possesses.
- A beautiful church and grounds in a demographic area that can potentially draw additional communicants from towns outside Ho-Ho-Kus.
- Current finances are stable and has been able to sustain current operations for a number of years and to provide for a limited number of emergency situations. Financially prudent vestry and investment advisor that wisely invests our assets.
- Robust confirmation classes year after year.
- Highly dedicated organist and choir.
- Strong support for AA ministry
- Not only trying to maintain but also growing church membership
- Increasing attendance in our youth program.
- Engaging and embracing new clergy. Former rector retired after 33 years.
- Continue to be sufficiently endowed so as not to have high level of dependence on "pledge and plate"
- Small and aging lay leadership core
- Defining its calling as a parish
Seeking after-pastor interim after 33 years of successful ministry. Nearly all of congregation has known no other rector except retiring priest.
Areas of ministry skill identified:
- Church Growth/Development
- Spiritual Guidance
- Youth Work
- Pastoral Care
Ms. Kathy Gabrielle, Senior Warden 201-444-5025 (Home); 201-321-9082 (Mobile); firstname.lastname@example.org (email) [Preferred]
Position Description and financials available from Canon to the Ordinary, the Rev. Canon Gregory A. Jacobs at: email@example.com