Grace Episcopal Church, Merchantville
|Date Posted||March 12, 2019|
New Jersey (Brian Jemmott)
|Compensation||In accordance with diocesan standards - see http://dioceseofnj.org/sccc/|
|Health Benefits||Full Family|
|Housing||Housing for 4|
|Communicants in Good Standing||211|
|Average Sunday Attendance||87|
|Child Population in Church School||12|
|Adult Population in Church School||12|
|Teacher Population in Church School||6|
- Feeding the hungry; monthly breakfast program at St Paul’s, Camden
- Jubilee recognized Food Pantry supported by Church garden
- St Clare’s Thrift Shoppe
- Mitten tree winter coat collection for the homeless
- Urban Promise Support
- Home bound visitation by LEVS and others
- Sponsor Boy Scout Troop 118
- Services for local and county American Legion & First Responders
- Weekly Sunday school
- Acolyte Program
- Monthly children’s service
- Reading of Lessons during services
- Christmas Pageant
- Vacation Bible school
Our Parish Fellowship Opportunities
- Coffee hour after 10:00a.m. service
- Annual Picnic
- Homecoming Breakfast/Stewardship brunch
- Suppers: Lenten, Pancake & Women’s Appreciation
- Fall Fair
- Parishioner led weekly Bible study
- Wine and Paint party
- Soup and Dessert Off
- Community Easter Egg Hunt
- Halloween Trunk or Treat
- Tending of Gardens – Memorial, Vegetable and Flower
Our challenges include
- An aging congregation and decreasing membership, undermining our financial status.
- Finding ways to foster a strong commitment to the growth of Grace Church.
- Offering engaging experiences that encourage return visits.
- Growing the youth and adult ministry programs.
- Networking with neighborhood churches to increase our community presence.
- Improving communications within the congregation.
- Encouraging families to make weekly worship service a priority.
- Maintaining aging facilities on a limited budget.
- A need for relevant and inspirational sermons.
We seek a full time Rector who will use patience, humor and love to guide us to grow Grace Church numerically, spiritually and in missional leadership and deepen our faith in Christ. We seek a leader who is confident in spirituality, deep in wisdom, enthusiastic about trying new ideas, respectful of comfortable traditions. We are in need of a leader who is unafraid to lead, but also willing to delegate and share decision-making when appropriate. We would enjoy well prepared sermons that address modern issues through scripture.
The small town of Merchantville (approximately 3700 residents) invites the Rector to be a strong presence of the community, engaging in neighborhood and community events, living in town or neighboring community. Networking with the other churches in town and fellowship is strongly recommended.
We currently have outreach and in-reach ministries at Grace Church, including South Jersey Food Bank, Thrift Shoppe, St. Paul’s Camden breakfast program, Vacation Bible School, Sunday School, youth and adult choirs, Bible study programs, Lay Eucharistic Ministries, Altar Guild, and Sunday coffee hours. Our new Rector will support these ministries and encourage us to undertake others.
We are searching for a Rector who will devote time to our young people of all ages. Our Rector will embrace the diverse needs of our congregation and continue to help us attract new families and members through an inviting ministry.
By April 15, 2019, please submit your cover letter, OTM Portfolio, resume, and responses to the Clergy Questionnaire found on the diocesan website at: http://dioceseofnj.org/transition-ministry
to The Reverend Canon Brian Jemmott, Canon to the Ordinary and Transitions Officer, at email@example.com or contact him at 609-394-5281 Extension 21.