Episcopal Church in Connecticut
Dean of Formation
|Date Posted||March 26, 2019|
Connecticut (Rev. Lee Ann Tolzmann)
|Compensation||Will meet diocesan guidelines.|
|Health Benefits||Full Family|
See below for job description.
See below for job description.
Position Title: Dean of Formation
Summary: The Episcopal Diocese of Connecticut, known as the Episcopal Church in Connecticut (ECCT), is a non-profit Christian religious organization devoted to participating in God’s mission. The Dean of Formation has general oversight and development of programs related to the raising up and education of Christian leaders (lay and ordained) with the diocese functioning as the primary vehicle for such formation.
Position Description: The Dean of Formation is a three-quarter time, exempt, staff position that works collaboratively with the Bishops and the Commission on Ministry (COM) to ensure life-long Christian formation for all baptized with a particular focus on educating deacons and presbyters for the Church in the 21st century. The position is a combination of educator, academic advisor, tutor, and program administrator. The Dean of Formation works with each person in the ordination process through a Colleagues Formation Group in which a Personalized Formation Plan is developed and communities of learning are engendered. The Dean of Formation is also the primary staff contact for the COM and works to implement the recommendations of the COM. The Dean of Formation acts at the direction of the Office of the Episcopate and is supervised by the Bishop Suffragan.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Collaborate with Bishops and Canons in shared areas (ordination processes, resources for lay discernment and formation, communication and web-based resources, finances, etc.)
- Connect with those engaged in re-imagining formation across The Episcopal Church and theological education in general
- Manage communication with clergy and laity regarding discernment and formation
- Assist in develop of agenda for, attend, take minutes for COM meetings
- Collaborate with the Bishops and the Canon for Mission Leadership in overseeing those who are mentoring postulants and candidates for ordination and new (to ECCT) clergy
- Maintain a working knowledge of, and relationships with, institutions and resources for theological education
- Assist the COM in implementing plans for recruitment for the presbyterate and diaconate
- Oversee Region Discernment groups
- Oversee process for dispersing COM scholarship funds
- Represent ECCT on the Iona Collaborative (monthly calls and annual meeting)
- Attend weekly ECCT Staff meetings
- Meet regularly for Supervision
- Represent the COM at Ordinations
- Formation of all the Baptized
- Support COM in providing resources for the formation of all the baptized
- Create and maintain website/blog of resources
- Oversee Region Discernment Groups
- Diaconate Ordination Process
- Support the Bishop Suffragan, who oversees the diaconal ordination process
- Maintain regular communication with all in the process
- Facilitate Colleague Formation Group of all in the diaconate ordination process
- Maintain systems and structure for ordination process, g., portfolio tracking
- Presbyterate Ordination Process
- Supervise Colleague Formation Groups for all in the presbyterate ordination process
- Provide mentors, tutoring, coursework, and other resources as needed for formation for postulants and candidates
- Oversee development and implementation of Individualized Formation Plans for all in the process
- Maintain system and structure for ordination process, g., portfolio tracking
- Coordinate canonically mandated and practical trainings for candidates in the process
- Provide resources for Anglican/Episcopal formation for presbyters coming from another denomination or another part of the Anglican Communion
- Maintain regular communication with all those in the process
Find full job description here.
Read more about ECCT here.
Please submit CV/resume and cover letter on indeed.com: https://tinyurl.com/yyn6gxob