|Date Posted||July 1, 2017|
Bethlehem (Anne Kitch)
|Communicants in Good Standing||126|
|Average Sunday Attendance||60|
|Child Population in Church School||24|
|Adult Population in Church School||15|
|Teacher Population in Church School||7|
Faithful, suburban congregation with a strong history of Christian education and youth ministries. Church is situated outside of Scranton on 25 wooded acres. Epiphany lists these as its strengths:
- We have a dedicated core of parishioners ready for change.
- We actively support a number of missionary programs and works.
- We have a strong and dedicated Sunday School staff and a remarkable Vacation Bible School offered with our covenant congregation, Trinity Lutheran Church.
- We have a talented choir director and an organist/pianist on staff, plus guitarist, cellist, and more musical talent within the congregation.
- We have a strong acolyte program. Our acolytes have participated in the Acolyte Festival at the National Cathedral for 30 consecutive years.
Like similar congregations, Epiphany has experienced a decline in members and finances. During an extended interim, the leadership of Epiphany has engaged in conversation about identity and mission, and has identified the following challenges:
- We need to become a welcoming church to all people; one that rejuvenates the soul and cares for others; one that becomes a magnet for people and engages us in more missions.
- We need to improve our personal stewardship to the church. In recent years we have used congregational renewal programs to invigorate, change, and excite the congregation about financial action to strengthen us in the future.
- We are seeking to increase our level of active parishioners. Our average Sunday attendance is currently at 60.
This would be a great parish for a priest with some experience looking for a first in-charge position. Candidates with experience in leading congregations to financial clarity, in appreciative inquiry, and in creative leveraging of available resources, would be ideal.
The congregation desires to move toward having a full time priest. The three year priest-in-charge contract can extended and/or converted to rector.
For more information or to apply, please contact The Rev. Canon Anne E. Kitch 610-691-5655, ext 237.