Christ Church, Springfield OH, rec'g names thru 10.2.19
|Date Posted||September 11, 2017|
Southern Ohio (Lynn Carter-Edmands)
|Compensation||$68,000 (incl SECA)|
|Health Benefits||Full Family|
|Communicants in Good Standing||226|
|Average Sunday Attendance||106|
|Child Population in Church School||7 children; 24 teens|
|Adult Population in Church School||50|
|Teacher Population in Church School||6|
We are a center-city church and the only Episcopal parish serving Clark County. Parishioners also include suburban and rural residents and members from Greene and Champaign counties. There is a diverse mix of cradle Episcopalians, people with other faith backgrounds, people with no previous faith background, a variety of economic circumstances, elderly, middle-aged, young adults, teens, children, married, single, straight, LGBT, lifelong members and recent congregants, native and foreign-born, lifelong residents of the region, and recent move-ins. While there are members and attendees of color, the congregation is somewhat more Caucasian than the community it serves.
Additional info: http://christspringfield.org/search-for-a-new-rector/
We are looking for:
- Someone who can appreciate our past while helping us adapt and thrive in the 21st century
- Someone who is an inspiring and strategic leader, capable of guiding the parish to realize Christ's mission
- Someone whose sermons will inspire and be meaningful to all
- Someone committed to our church growth
- A skilled administrator and effective delegator.
We can offer you:
- Willing workers - outside the box thinkers, a multitude of helping hands, a strong intellectual base, and gifted lay leaders. We’re the parish doing God’s work with outreach to our fellow neighbors!
- Youth who want to be involved and work with someone who values their opinions and perspectives
- A long-term financial base and a historic building in good repair.
This is a great congregation poised for new mission into an urban area on the cusp of renaissance in the midst of poverty. Lots of possibilities with a good bit of it being realized already with folks willing to engage new opportunities.
Qualified candidates must apply through the diocesan application form:
Supporting documents accompanying the application should be provided in .pdf format and attached where indicated on the application form:
- In a (cover) letter addressed to the Search Committee (not the DTM), please articulate what interests you about the position, how you think your gifts and skills apply to the mission and ministry there, and anything else you would like the Search Committee to know about you.
- OTM Portfolio with all narrative questions answers.
- Current Resume.
We ask our search committees to hold confidential the identifying information of interested candidates. We ask that you also keep your interest in this position confidential and limited to the search process we follow.
Due to the confidential nature of the search process, we ask that all questions about the position or search process be directed to the Rev. Canon Lynn Carter-Edmands, Canon for Transitions at Lcarterfirstname.lastname@example.org and that members of the congregation or Search Committee not be contacted directly. Parishioners and friends of Christ Church have been asked to nominate clergy for consideration by sending names to Canon Carter- Edmands, who will contact the nominees directly.