St. Anne's in-the-Fields
|Date Posted||December 17, 2018|
Massachusetts (Jean Baptiste Ntagengwa)
|Health Benefits||Full Family|
|Communicants in Good Standing||442|
|Average Sunday Attendance||132|
|Child Population in Church School||63|
|Adult Population in Church School||25|
|Teacher Population in Church School||7|
Our first key asset is our parishioners themselves. We serve 486 baptized members, with 166 pledging individuals and families providing 85% of our annual operating budget. Our parishioners have also generously given to our recent capital campaign, resulting in major investments in our endowment, HVAC system, organ, and building our new rectory.
Our second vital asset is our programming, which is sustained by passionate volunteers and leaders. Bible study groups, affinity clubs, and outreach ministries provide opportunities for fellowship and formation throughout the week. We also host organizations that work with people in our wider community, including Alcoholics Anonymous and the Lincoln Council on Aging.
Our third vital asset is our lay leadership. Vestry members, group leaders, and lay worship leaders provide Christ-centered vision and steady stewardship. They also facilitate open conversation around parish goals and extend opportunities for deeper fellowship through focused attention to the specific needs of our church.
Our fourth vital asset is our dedicated, competent staff, including a full-time Curate, a Parish Administrator, a Finance Manager, and directors of Music, Children’s Formation, and Communications. Their work provides a consistent and smooth operation of our parish life, a feature that is invaluable to the congregation.
Crafting programming that encourages fellowship throughout the week is challenging because of our overscheduled calendars and geographical dispersion. The parish continues to discuss and discern how we can make our campus an unhurried, unplugged haven for our teens and young adults.
Our parish hopes to reach more young couples and invite more families with young children to join us in fellowship. We look forward to crafting a vision and developing more opportunities to draw people to our campus and into our sanctuary.
Pastoral care is a topic of continued discussion and an opportunity for growth for our parish. While we have a Church Service League and a small group of individuals who have often provided loving and caring service to parishioners in need, we do not currently have formal infrastructure for regular pastoral care. We look forward to engaging with fresh ideas and approaches on this high-need area for our parish.
We seek a rector who:
- will help us wrestle with questions of faith and who seeks a life of prayer and discipleship in an unpredictable world
- can provide excellence in worship services and sermons that will open our minds and write the Word of God onto our hearts
- will be attentive to the needed ministry of the parish, including and especially the care of our elderly parishioners
- working with the congregation and the community beyond, will provide a welcoming spiritual home for our teens and young adults
- is confident enough to present bold solutions to persistent concerns, yet humble enough to allow us to find and implement our own solutions
- will see our suburban location as an asset and who will propose creative ways to welcome new people into our community
St. Anne's in-the-Fields Rector Search Communications Coordinate: Rob Parker, email: F.Robert.Parker@gmail.com